Apple has released AirPort Base Station and Time Capsule Firmware Update 7.5.2 for all 802.11n AirPort Extreme Base Stations, AirPort Express Base Stations, and Time Capsules. Apple lists the following enhancements in this update:
- General fixes to Wi-Fi base station stability
- Fixes some issues with AirPlay streaming
- General fixes with USB interoperability including connection to external storage devices
- Fixes some issues with NAT port mapping settings
- Disables TKIP security with 802.11n rates per the Wi-Fi Alliance specifications
Early reports indicate that the new release may fix some issues with Wi-Fi slowness affecting iPhones, iPads and iPod touches after the iOS 4.2. update.
The new firmware release can be applied through the new version of AirPort Utility, available via the links below (AirPort utility will automatically check for the firmware update when you launch it):