You need to have your iPad be connected to the Internet. If you don’t already have an Apple ID, you will be asked to create one in the process.
1. Click on “Game Center” from the Home screen.
2. In this example we’ll download the free “Angry Bird” game by tapping on the icon shown below.
3. When you get to the details page of the game, you can see the game requirements are as shown as requiring iOS 3.2 or later. You can determine your iPad’s operating system by going into “Settings -> General -> About” and look for version.
Tap on the “free” button to get the game.
4. Now the button has changed to say “Install App”. Tap on that.
5. Now you will have to either log in with your Apple ID, or create a new Apple ID if you do not have to one. In creating of your Apple ID account, you will be asked to enter your credit card information. Although they will not charge it until you make a purchase.
6. After installing the App, you should see the “Angry Birds” icon on the Home screen. Note that the icon may be on the second page of the Home screen. The tiny dots indicate what page of the home screen you’re on.
Swipe your fingers left or right to go to different pages of the home screen.
7. Tap on the “Angry Birds” icon to start the game. This is where you try to slingshot angry birds in order to knock down pigs.
8. You can find more free games by going to App Store from your Home screen. Then click “categories” at the bottom to browse. Or you can use the search box in the upper right.