1. Suppose that you have a nice photo that you would like to set as the wallpaper for your iPad instead of using the pre-installed wallpaper selection. First you have to get the photo into the Photo app. You can do this by importing the photo using iTunes or even taking a photo from your iPad camera.
2. Then, open your Photo app.
3. In the photo gallery, tap on the photo that you want as wallpaper.
4. Tap on the action icon and select “Use as Wallpaper” (see above screen shot)
5. You can use your photo to be wallpaper for your Home screen, or for the Lock screen, or both. Tap on “Both”.
6. Now if you return back to your Home screen by pressing the Home button, you see your customize wallpaper.
7. To remove the wallpaper, tap on “Settings” from your Home screen.
8. Select “Brightness & Wallpaper”.
9. Under wallpaper, the left image shows the wallpaper that is currently set for the Lock screen. The right image is the wallpaper currently set for the Home screen. Tap on the right image, and you will see a selection of preinstalled wallpaper to select from.
10. The default wallpaper is the one in the upper left. Tap on that wallpaper image.
11. Again you are asked if you want this to be for your Lock screen, your Home screen, or both. Select “Both” and your wallpapers will be set back to the default wallpaper.