Is your device (Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod) having trouble connecting the internet using a Wi-Fi network, or does your device keep dropping your Wi-Fi connection? Here are some tips to troubleshoot this problem:
Try each step until you resolve your issue:
- Make sure that your router firmware is up to date.
- Try renewing your IP address by tapping Settings > Wi-Fi > Select your Wi-Fi network name > Renew Lease
- Try turning your Wi-Fi to the ‘Off’ setting and then back to the ‘On’ setting.
- Try turning your router to the ‘Off’ setting then back to the ‘On’ setting.
- Restart your device by holding the On/Off button until “slide to power off” appears; slide the button on your device to power off.
- Try resetting your device’s network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will reset your Wi-Fi passwords too.
If you are suffering from poor Wi-Fi reception problems, (many iPad users are already complaining about this problem) simply tap Settings > Network > Wi-Fi > Select your Wi-Fi network name then tap “Forget this Network” then rejoin your network.