Several users have reported that the App Store on the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch crashes when users try search, download or update apps.
If you are having this problem, try the following:
- Completely close the App Store by double pressing the home button, holding down the App Store icon until it wiggles and then tap the red minus sign to force close the app. After you have done this, re-open the app store by tapping the App Store icon.
- Reset your network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > and tap on your Apple ID then select Sign Out. After signing out, sign in again and try launching App Store.
- If you are enabled, turn off Genius for iPod, iPad or iPhone. To learn more about how to turn off Genius for apps, please see this article.
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the on/off button until you see the slider. Slide the slider to turn off your device.
- App Store not working: Blank Screen
- Apps are stuck updating / downloading after iOS 6 update on the iPhone or iPad