Several users have reported that their iPhone or iPad screen turns into an “illuminated” black color or goes blank while the device is on and working. Several users have also reported that this problem started after the iOS 6 update.
There are many possible causes for this. For instance:
- It may be a battery related issue. Just connect your device to a power outlet and wait several minutes.
- Some particular apps may be causing the problem. Try completely closing all apps and restarting your device.
- This problem may occur if your device is operated under extreme temperature conditions (like being too hot). Simply place your device in a cool area for several hours to let your device to cool down.
- Try performing a simple restart of your device (press and hold the sleep/wake button until you see the “slide to power off). If this still does not resolve your issue, try to reset by holding the sleep/wake button and home button together for at least ten seconds (ignore the red slider).
- Last resort: Restore your device in iTunes by connecting your device to your computer.
If you are still having this problem, contact Apple Support.
- iPad Frozen, not responding, how to fix
- A New User’s Guide to the iPad: iPad 101, iPad Basics
- iPad troubleshooting, How to fix your iPad problems
- iPhone 5 will not turn on, fix
- iPhone 4 Troubleshooting Guide
- iPod troubleshooting guide
- Restoring Your iPhone