Several users have reported the “device uses too much power” error message when using the iPad Camera Connection Kit connector to import photos and videos. To remedy this problem, try the following tips (please check after each step if your issue is fixed):
- It is possible that your camera has a low battery. Try charging your camera. Try it again with a full charge on the camera.
- Keep your camera connected to the charging unit while connected to the iPad.
- It may be that your camera is trying to charge from your iPad but iPad is simply not producing enough power for your camera. Check your camera menu/options. Look for charge options and disable “charge from computer” (different cameras may have different wording).
- If nothing above works, your camera may not be compatible with iOS devices or you may have defective hardware.
- There are other options to transfer your files. Please see this article.