You take your iPad or iPod touch everywhere with you and sometimes you may misplace it. This simply tip is for iPad or iPod touch users who commonly have trouble finding their devices in their houses, apartments or offices. This tip assumes two things:
- You have an access to computer (PC or Mac) with internet access
- And you turned on “Find My iPad” on your iOS device by setting up iCloud (see this article)
To find your lost device, go to your computer and visit www.icloud.com. Type your Apple ID and password to sign in. Select “Find My iPad” to locate your iPad or iPod and click “Play Sound.” Now your iPad or iPod will begin repeatedly playing a sound and you can simply follow the sound to locate your device. This sound will play even if your device’s Sounds and Alerts are turned off.
- iCloud not working. How to troubleshoot iCloud problems
- How to sign up for iCloud
- My device (Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod) was stolen or lost; what should I do?