Apple’s iOS 6 is now live and ready for download and install. According to Apple, this update:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Make sure that your device is connected to a power outlet. You may update via iTunes and wirelessly.
Update your device wirelessly (iOS 5 and later)
Simply tap: Settings > General > Software Update; then tap Install Now to download the update.
Agree to the legal terms that Apple provides
Your device will verify the update and then restart
Wireless update should take less than 10 minutes.
Update your device using iTunes
Connect your device to your computer
Select your device in iTunes
Click “Check for Update”
And download and install the update.
Troubleshoot iOS 6.0.1
- Make sure that your iPad/iPhone or iPod touch is backed up before updating (How to back up your iOS device)
- If “Download and Install” option is grayed out or you see “This update requires at least x GB of available storage”,then remove some contents (movies, videos, photos, apps that you do not need) OR use iTunes to download and install the update.