Several users have reported poor Wi-Fi reception issues with their iPad mini. Users further reported that (a) connection is very weak and is lost regularly (b) Wi-Fi range is relatively short, and (c) speeds are slower compared to other iOS devices like the iPhone or iPad. Try the following tips to solve your problem. Please, after each step check to see if your issue is resolved:
- Toggle your Wi-Fi off and on by taping Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and find your Wi-Fi connection. Tap “Forget this Network” and try to reconnect
- Restart your device.
- Update your device to the latest iOS version (see this article)
- Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Check your router’s manufacturer website to see if there are any firmware updates. If there is, download and install the latest firmware for your router
- Try restarting your router.
- Try resetting your router.
- Temporarily disable wireless security on the Wi-Fi router. If your Wi-Fi performance increases, you may be having encryption issues. See this article to resolve this problem.