Several users have reported that they receive the alert message ”An unknown error has occurred” when they try to connect to the App Store on their iOS devices, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone or iPod touch.Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue. Please after performing each step, test to see if your problem is solved:
- Make sure that your iOS software is up to date. If not, update your iOS.
- Ensure that you are in range of a Wi-Fi or base station. Make sure you have an active internet connection.
- Tap Settings, and then tap iTunes & App Stores. If an Apple ID is already signed in, tap the Apple ID name, and then tap Sign Out and then Sign Back In.
- Turn off and on your router
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
- Tap Settings > General > Date & Time and turn off Set Automatically. And check to see your time zone is set correctly, if not change it. If everything is correct, toggle on Set Automatically.