Several users have reported that iTunes display “iTunes could not backup iPhone because the iPhone disconnected”; when attempting to create an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch backup. Here is how you can resolve backup errors:
After performing each steps, please check to see if the issue is resolved.
[box type=”info” style=”rounded” border=”full”]
Before doing anything, you may want to back up your backup. Find your back up and copy to a safe place. You can find your back up files:
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
- Restart the computer and the iOS device (iPad, iPod touch, iPhone).
- Ensure you are using a USB port directly on the computer.
- Disconnect all USB devices and cables, except your keyboard and mouse and restart your computer and try to back up.
- Update to the latest available version of iTunes and your computer’s operating system (OS)
- Try disabling your antivirus program, if any
- It’s possible that your backup is corrupted, you can try deleting the backup. To do this, launch iTunes > Preferences (Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences; Mac: Choose iTunes > Preferences). this will fix the problem if the backup is corrupt.