Several users have reported that iTunes display “iTunes could not backup iPhone because the iPhone disconnected”; when attempting to create an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch backup. Here is how you can resolve backup errors:
After performing each steps, please check to see if the issue is resolved.
Before doing anything, you may want to back up your backup. Find your back up and copy to a safe place. You can find your back up files:
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
- Restart the computer and the iOS device (iPad, iPod touch, iPhone).
- Ensure you are using a USB port directly on the computer.
- Disconnect all USB devices and cables, except your keyboard and mouse and restart your computer and try to back up.
- Update to the latest available version of iTunes and your computer’s operating system (OS)
- Try disabling your antivirus program, if any
- It’s possible that your backup is corrupted, you can try deleting the backup. To do this, launch iTunes > Preferences (Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences; Mac: Choose iTunes > Preferences). this will fix the problem if the backup is corrupt.