Several users have reported that they were unable to open PDF files in iBooks. With iBooks, you have the ability to open, view and print PDFs all within iBooks on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. When you view a PDF file (email or Safari browser), simply tap “Open in iBooks,” located in the upper-right corner of the screen. This will also automatically save a copy of the PDF to your iBooks PDF shelf. However, if you have any issue opening or saving files in iBooks; try the suggestions below as your first troubleshooting steps.
- Ensure that your iBooks app is up to date (Open the App Store and tap Updates.)
- Reset your device by pressing and holding the home and on/off buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider until the Apple logo appears.
- Completely close the iBooks app and restart. Simply click the Home button twice then tap and hold on the app icon until it starts to jiggle, tap the (-) to close it.And try to open your PDF file again.
- Remove the iBooks app and reinstall. Do to this, tap and hold the iBooks app icon on the home screen, until the icons start to jiggle. Then tap the “x” in the corner of the app to remove. To reinstall, launch app store, locate the iBooks app and download/install.
- iOS 6: Parental Control in iBooks
- How to Change Appearance of Books in iBooks App
- Can I Read My Books When There Is No Internet Connection?
- How to Buy / Download Books And Pdf Files on Your iOS Device With iBooks