You can stream videos, music, and photos wirelessly from your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) or iTunes on your computer, to your TV with Apple TV. If AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring isn’t working normally or performing properly (e.g., intermittent playback, or no audio etc), try these basic steps to troubleshoot the situation:
July 2016 – Update
We have also created a detailed video guide on our Youtube channel to walk you through the step by step process of troubleshooting your Airplay Problems. Please click on our Video below for more information:
- Turn off Bluetooth on your iOS device (Settings > General > Bluetooth).
- Make sure that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on (Settings > Wi-Fi).
- Make sure that your Wi–Fi router’s firmware is up to date.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Restart your iOS device by pressing and holding the on/off button and then slide the slider.
- Make sure that there is no more than one device trying to stream.
- Make sure your Apple TV has the current software update (Settings > General > Update Software).
- Make sure that your iOS software is up to date (How to update your iOS version: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- OS X: If you use a firewall, make sure AirPlay Mirroring is not blocked:
- Apple Menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall options and uncheck “Block all incoming connections” checkbox and check the “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections” checkbox.