Several users have reported that they are experincing location services issues. Mainly location services does not appear to be working. Location services uses cellular, Wi-Fi and GPS data to determine your location. Some apps may use this information (Maps, Siri, Safari, Camera etc). For instance Siri uses your location information to help you with your request. If you are experincing issues (e.g. Siri, or Maps, does not know where you are) , you may try the following troubleshooting tips to fix your problem. After each step, please re-test the issue:
- Ensure that location services is on:
- iOS 6: Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- iOS 4 and 5: Settings > Location Services.
- Turn location services off and on again
- Restart your device (iPad, iPhone or iPod touch) by pressing and holding the on/off button and then sliding the red slider.
- Reset network settings:
- Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Reset location and privacy:
- Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy
- Private information stored in photos taken on iOS devices, iPhones, iPads or an iPod touch
- How to set up and configure proxy settings on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch