Several users reported that they were unable to purchase content from the iTunes Store . Error message:
“iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. A secure network connection could not be established. Make sure SSL 3.0 or TLS 1.0 is enabled in the Internet Options control panel, then try again.”
How to fix this problem:
- Make sure that your computer’s time and date settings are correct, if they are not:
- (Windows computer) click start then control panel. Click “Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options” (Windows XP) or “Clock, Language, and Region” (Windows Vista & Windows 7). And make sure that settings are current if no set the correct date and time.
- If your computers date and time settings are correct and you are still experiencing this issue, they try opening Internet Explorer, and click Tools and Internet Options and Advanced. The check the boxes Use SSL 3.0 and/or Use TLS 1.0 (one of them or both of them).
- iTunes for Windows: iTunes CPU usage
- iTunes for Windows: Upgrade problem, fix
- iTunes for Windows: iTunes Crashes on Launch; Fix