Preview makes it easy to open images and Portable Document Format (PDF) documents. You can also use Preview to take a picture of signature and add it to PDF documents that requires your signature by using your Macs built-in iSight camera to capture your hand written signature. Here is how:
How to create a signature
- Choose Preview > Preferences
- Click on “Signatures” and then “Create Signature”
- Then sign your signature on a piece of paper and hold the paper up to your Mac’s camera.
- When your signature looks correct, click Accept.
How to sign a PDF
- Launch the PDF file you want to sign
- Click on the Annotations button (pencil icon) then the Signatures button then choose your signature (you may create multiple signatures so you may have multiple signatures listed here).
- Now click within the document where you want the signature to appear in the PDF. Thats it. Your PDF doc is signed.