Q: I bought a new iPhone. I wanted to use Siri but it doesn’t seem to have Siri. When I go to Settings > General there is no Siri options and when I hold down the home button, it says Voice Control, not Siri.
A: Siri is the Apple’s intelligent personal assistant. If your iOS device does not have Siri, please check the followings:
- Siri is not available in all iOS devices. For instance there is no Siri on iPhone 4. Siri is available on:
- iPhone 4S or later (iPhone 5)
- iPad 3rd generation or later
- iPad mini
- iPod touch (5th generation)
- Make sure that Siri is not deactivated in Restrictions. Check Settings > General > Restrictions and make sure Siri is set to On. And if not, tap Settings > General > Siri and turn on Siri.
- Siri says “sorry, I cannot take requests right now. Please try again later” fix
- So you want to be called “awesome?”: Customize Siri