Several iPad and iPhone users have reported a problem in which applications get stuck waiting or loading when installing or updating. Here is what you can do to download and update apps that are stuck at “waiting..”. After each step, check to see if the problem still occurs:
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad by pressing and holding the on/off (sleep/wake) button then slide the red slider. Then turn your device on by pressing and holding the on/off button until you see the Apple logo.
- You may try downloading the apps on your computer using iTunes and then sync to transfer the apps to your iOS device; iPhone /iPad.
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores > and tap the Apple ID to sign-out. Then restart your device and navigate Settings -> iTunes Apps Store and sign-in again.
- Tap the app’s icon (app that is stuck); this will pause the download. Then re-tap to resume the download.
- Tap and hold the app’s icon (app that is stuck) until icons begin to shake. Delete the “waiting” app by tapping the “x” in the corner of the app. Then reinstall from the App Store.
- Toggle Airplane mode On, wait a minute and Off.
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores and turn off Automatic Downloads.
- Reset your iPad/iPhone by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button and the Home button together until you see the Apple logo.
- Apps update / download not working: Frozen or “Waiting”; how to fix
- Unable to delete/remove apps from my iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- How to turn on & turn off Genius for Apps on the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch