You can extract the backups (compressed files) that iTunes makes of your iPhone (or iPod touch) using iPhone / iPod Backup Extractor for Mac. iTunes backups include your settings, Messages, Camera Roll, documents, saved games, and other data. Here is how:
- Before you do anything, backup your backups (just in case). Locate your backup files (~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/), and make a copy of your backup files.
- Download iPhone / iPod touch Backup Extractor (link). It is a .zip file.
- Install this app by double clicking to extract the archive.
- Double click iPhone / iPod touch Backup Extractor icon to launch it.
- Click the Read Backups button to display the iPhone or iPod backups on your Mac.
- Select the backup that you want to extract and click Choose.
- You will now see a list of the different files that can be extracted. Select from the list and click Extract. In this example, we are going to select “iOS Files”
- Select a location for the extraction (where you want it) and click the Extract Here button:
- Locate the folder you selected and now you can see your “iOS Files” folder and files:
- Voice memos not showing up in iTunes, fix
- iTunes could not backup iPhone because the iPhone disconnected