Several iPad users have reported that they have experienced issues with Wi-Fi connectivity (weak signal, random Wi-Fi disconnection etc). If your new iPad has poor Wi-Fi reception problems; try the following steps to resolve your issue:
- Make sure that your router firmware is up-to-date.
- Make sure that your your iPad’s iOS is up to date.
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi > tap the blue arrow next to the wireless network you are connected to and tap “Forget this Network”.
If Fix#1 does not fix your issue, try this:
- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and restart your iPad.
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi > tap the blue arrow next to the Wi-Fi network you are currently using and tap “Renew Lease”
- Do not use router wireless WEP security, instead use WPA or WPA2 because WEP may cause intermittent disconnects to iPad.