Several iPhone and iPad users have reported an issue in which Facebook push notifications are not working properly. Other users have also reported having no sound with Facebook notifications. If you are having problems with the Facebook for iOS app, please refer to the following tips to resolve your issue:
- Make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the Facebook app. To check, go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and tap Updates.
- Make sure that your iOS device has notifications turned on. To enable push notifications, tap Settings > Notifications > Facebook.
- Go to your Facebook app, open the sidebar, then tap Account Settings > Notifications > Mobile Push and adjust your push notifications (e.g. sound settings).
- Make sure that your iPhone or iPad have the latest iOS software installed.
If you are still having problems:
- Turn Facebook notifications off (Settings > Notifications). Then reset your phone by pressing the Sleep/Wake (on/off) button and the Home button together, for about 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. Your device will restart, then go back into Notifications and turn Facebook on.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Note that this will erase all your settings.