Perhaps you’re resistant to change. Maybe you simply don’t like the look of Apple’s new icons. Or could it be that you’re just not fond of Apple’s unhide-able stock apps in the first place, and can’t stand having them idly hanging around your homescreen?
If you fit any of these descriptions then don’t worry, as we have a quick tip that will solve your woes. This tip comes from a YouTube user, so you can either watch the embed below or follow our instructions. Either way, if done correctly, you can effectively hide specific apps of your choosing from the homescreen. Just note that this is not a permanent solution, and when you reset your device the apps will reappear.
1. First completely fill up your homescreen with apps and one folder. Essentially, there should be no spaces free on your homescreen, simply apps and the one folder that we will need in the following steps.
2. Then create a folder and fill it with all the apps that you want to hide. Then place this folder in the dock (on a side note, I wasn’t aware that folders in the dock were possible with iOS 7, but it’s pretty cool). Alternatively, if you only want to hide one app, then simply place that one app on the dock instead of the folder.
3. You then have to tap and hold on the app or folder in the dock that you want hidden, then quickly double press the home button to get to the Multitasking mode.
4. From the Multitasking mode, then tap back to the homescreen. You should see that the app or folder in the dock that you want hidden is unusually large.
5. Then tap onto the folder on the homescreen that you created in step one. Then tap outside the folder to back out of it.
6. Once out of the folder, you simply tap the home button and the unwanted collection of apps should disappear.
Once again, this is not a permanent solution, but it will continue to work until you reboot your device, or of course, until Apple release an update with a fix. Personally, I don’t reboot my device very often at all, so I don’t mind little fixes like this, especially if they assuage my obsessive side and clean up my homescreen. Let us know how you went in the comments, or of any other useful iOS 7 tips or tricks.