Bookmarks are one of the easiest and most common way to save webpages to read them later. In the earlier versions of iOS, users had to sync the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with iTunes sync Safari bookmarks across different devices. No doubt, it was a pesky task and users wouldn’t see the bookmarks instantly on their other devices. Thanks to iCloud, now you can sync bookmarks between different devices. The best part is that it not only works for the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac users but also Windows users can sync the bookmarks with their different devices via the iCloud application.
- Before you can start the sync process, make sure that you have a fully activated iCloud account and also make sure that you are using one iCloud account on all devices.
- iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad running iOS 5 or higher
- For Mac users: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 or Higher and Safari 5.1.1
- For Windows Users: Windows 7 with iTunes and iCloud installed on the PC
How to enable bookmarks Sync on iOS?
Go to the settings on your iPhone, scroll down and click on iCloud
If you aren’t using iCloud on your iPhone, login to the iCloud account using username and password. Now, Scroll down and make sure that you have enabled the Safari
How to Enable Safari Sync in Mac OS X?
On the top left corner of your Mac screen, Click on Apple icon and select System Preferences
Now, Click on iCloud and tick the little button next to Safari
How to Enable Safari Sync in Windows?
Step ->2: After installing the both software, run the iCloud on your PC. Enter the Username and Password of your iCloud account and Click on the Sign In. As you hit the sign button, it may take some time to open the main screen of iCloud. Please write down the complete Email address that you use to login on your iCloud.
Step ->3: On the main screen of iCloud, make sure to check the Bookmarks.
Step ->4: As Safari Web browser is not available on Windows, you will have to select another web browser to sync the bookmarks on your Windows PC. Click on the Options next to the bookmarks.
Step ->5: Now, select the web browser for which you want to sync the bookmarks. You can either select one web browser or select more than one web browser.
That’s it! You have enabled the Sync for Safari bookmarks on your Windows PC. Now, Sit tight and relax because it may take some time to finish the sync process.
Occasional Errors while Syncing Bookmarks and How to solve them?
Fix Sync Issues on iPhone:
If you aren’t able to see the bookmarks on your iPhone, do the following troubleshooting;
- Make sure that internet connection on your iPhone is working properly. Most of the time, iCloud is disabled on cellular network, so please try it on the Wi-Fi.
- Go to the Settings > iCloud, logout from iCloud account and login again.
- Restart your iPhone
Fix Sync Issues on Mac OS X:
Just like on iPhone, make sure that you have a good internet connection on your Mac OS X. If the internet is fine, Disable and Enable the Safari sync as explained earlier. If it didn’t work, quit the Safari and restart your Mac.
Fix Sync Issues on Windows:
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of iCloud and iTunes on your PC.
- Google Chrome sometime takes a little time to sync the bookmarks, so, please be patience and let it finish the syncing.
- Don’t forget to enable the iCloud extension in Google Chrome and Add-ons in Mozilla Firefox.
Please also see the following article if you ever find that your bookmarks are disappearing.