We have received several Emails regarding some problems with the back camera of the iPhone 6S. This issue may be due to a software glitch, or it may be attributable to the fault in the hardware of your iPhone. Some people have seen the white lines in the camera and were able to take a photo, however, for some users, the camera is not working at all.
It does not only work in the camera application; it also gets stuck in the other applications such as Facetime, Skype, Snapchat or Instagram. This is most likely be due to the hardware glitch, and you will have to go to the Apple Store to get it fixed. However, if the camera is working in all these applications except for the camera app, it might be due to the software glitch present on your iPhone. Here’s the complete troubleshooting guide to fix this issue. Before you continue, Please keep in mind that these solutions are not 100% working, they are working for most of the users.
This solution for all those users who have working camera in all applications except for the camera app on iPhone 6.
- Quit all applications: First of all quit all applications on your iPhone, press the home button twice to open the multitasking tray. Now, swipe up to close an application.
- Power off the iPhone: Press and hold the power button on your iPhone, until you see “Slide to power off” on the main screen. Swipe from left to right to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait for some time: After turning off your iPhone, wait for some time (10-15 seconds).
- Turn on the iPhone again: Using the same power button, turn on the iPhone, the back camera on your iPhone should work now.
- Unlock your iPhone and the camera application should work now.
If you have the same problem as mentioned in the first solution, but couldn’t fix it using that solution. You may follow these instructions to fix this problem. Caution: Restoring your iPhone may lead to loss of important data on your iPhone, so, please make a backup either on the iCloud or in the iTunes on your computer.
There are two ways of restoring your iPhone; you can either use the iTunes or the settings on your iPhone.
Restoring iPhone from settings
- Open settings app on your iPhone and tap on the “General”. If you are using the latest iOS version, you can directly search for the “reset” in the settings app by swiping down on the screen. Otherwise, Tap on General and scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on Reset
- On the next screen, Tap on Reset All Content and Settings.
- Enter the passcode and it will ask you to confirm the removal of all data from your iPhone.
Restoring iPhone in iTunes
- If you have made a backup on your computer, you can use this method to restore your iPhone. Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Click on the Restore button just below the Update button in the iTunes.
After restoring your iPhone to the latest version, the camera application should work now.
If none of the above-mentioned methods worked for your or camera is not working in any application, the last restore is to take it to the Apple Store. You can also contact the Apple customer care, and they might help you in replacing your iPhone.
Have something to add to this article? Let us know in the comments section below.