About a year ago, Apple announced the Apple Watch. It was Apple’s first new product category after the iPad and first to be credited to Tim Cook. Expectation were sky high but whether or not Apple has delivered with this category is still a questions unanswered. Nobody knows the exact number when it comes to sales of the Apple Watch to date. So, we still have to wait to figure out if this new product is a success or not…
Having said that, people are still excited about Apple Watch, those who are buying it for the first time at least. The gadget is no doubt a cool one and the design, well – what do we expect from Apple? It is elegant!
According to many wearers of the watch, what excites them is the ability to check notifications, use certain apps – all on the go! The idea of using your favorite app right from a cool-looking gadget on your wrist is a good one. Almost every app on Apple Watch works and syncs seamlessly but recently many users have complained about the Facebook messenger app misbehaving a little.
If your Facebook messenger app on Apple Watch is taking eternity to load, then please follow the two methods given below. It is also advised that you should follow them in order as the first one is comparatively simpler and takes hardly a minute…
- Try to open the messenger app on your watch. If it is troubling you, only expect it to show as “loading” and will not open normally.
- Right at this time (when the app is loading on your watch) open the messenger app on your phone (which should open normally) and go to Settings, then “Apple Watch”. Change the text in “Quick Reply” options to anything you want and exit Settings.
- Check the app on your Apple Watch. It should be now working fine.
If you are still having problems, proceed to the second method…
- Go to “Settings” in your iPhone
- Browse through “General”, then “Storage and iCloud”
- In the Storage Section, select “Manage Storage” then “Music” and finally “Edit”
- Choose to delete all songs here.
- Make a backup of your phone to iCloud, at this point also make sure that you don’t reset your phone.
- It is now time to back your phone to iTunes. Remember to only back up and not sync your device. Select “Encrypt back up”. Again, just back up your device and do not reset!
- It is time to open the affected apps on your Apple Watch!
We are sure that following the steps above can stabilize many apps on your watch. Once you have solved the issue, you can always add back the music from the back up.