Apple has released Mac OS X 10.6.4 in both standard and server editions. The update includes the recently released Safari 5.0 and fixes a number of issues we have documented with the Mac OS X 10.6.3 release.
Among the highlighted improvements:
- resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
- resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
- address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
- improve reliability of VPN connections
- resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
- resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
- improve compatibility with some braille displays
The new release is available via Software Update or from the following download links:
Problems after the Mac OS X 10.6.4 update? Let us know.