Apple has released Aperture 3.1, a new version of its professional photo management and editing software. The new release improves compatibility with iLife ’11, and offers enhancements in the following areas (among others):
- Performance when opening large libraries
- Performance when exporting heavily-adjusted images
- Importing iPhoto Libraries
- Relinking to referenced images after importing an iPhoto Library
- Importing photos and videos from iPhone or iPad
- Upgrading libraries with images containing Spot & Patch adjustments
The new release is available via Software Update or this download link.