So you’ve updated your iOS device to the latest firmware, iOS 4.3.1, and now you want all your themes, emulators, and utilities back. Fortunately, the applications you use to jailbreak your device have been updated with support for iOS 4.3.1! today, I’ll be showing you how to jaibreak your Apple device running iOS 4.3.1!
First off, you’ll need the following:
– An iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (AT&T model only), iPod touch (2G, 3G, 4G), or iPad (1st generation, WiFi or Wifi+3G) running iOS 4.3.1
– A PC or Mac. (I’m using a PC, but the process is exactly the same on the Mac.)
– Internet Access
– iTunes 10.2.1 or greater (download at apple.com/itunes)
– Redsn0w 0.9.6RC12 (download at blog.iphone-dev.org)
– Your device-specific firmware file (download at http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/)
Once you’ve got all that:
0. To start off, plug in your Apple device, and back it up in iTunes (in case anything goes wrong, you can restore and forget it ever happened).
1. After the back up finishes, close iTunes and open redsn0w.
2. Next, press browse in redsn0w and search for the firmware file you downloaded.
3. On the next screen, click “install Cydia.”
4. Before hitting next make sure your device is both plugged in, and shut off. When your device has successfully shutdown, hit “Next” in redsn0w.
5. Now, hold down the sleep button at the top of your device for 3 seconds. Then, start holding down the home button without letting go of the sleep button and do this for 10 seconds. After that, let go of the sleep button but continue holding down the home button for about another 10 seconds.
6. Wait for redsn0w to do its thing. It’ll end on your computer first, and then later on your device.
7. Wait for your device to reboot and you’ll see Cydia on the springboard.
Congratulations, you have finished jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on iOS 4.3.1!