Is your iPad frozen? The iPad occasionally stops responding for various reasons. If you experience this, give some of these tips a try and see if they resolve your issues.
- iPad Not Turning On? How To Fix a Dead Device
- Home Screen Blank on iPad or iPhone
- iPad Troubleshooting, How to fix your iPad problems
- Restoring Your iPhone
iPad Frozen Tip #1
Try restarting your iPad. To do this, simply press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears; then slide the slider.
To turn back on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
iPad Frozen Tip #2
If the first tip didn’t work, try resetting your iPad–also called a Hard Restart or Force Restart.
To force restart your device
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least twenty seconds, until you see the Apple logo
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least twenty seconds, until you see the Apple logo
Some of our readers mentioned that performing tip#2 required them to hold the two buttons down for about 30 seconds. So if the first time fails, try it again with a 30 second hold.
iPad Frozen Tip #3
If above tips don’t work, the issue could be that the battery is fully depleted. Plug it into a wall outlet for a while and see if your battery holds a charge. Please note that it can take up to 20 minutes of charging before the iPad will start up.
NO Time? Check Out Our Video Tips!
If you are still having problems, try connecting the device to your computer and launch iTunes. Then select Restore.