Are you trying to download a previously purchased app and the App Store says that you have no purchases on the purchases page? Does a search for the app indicate that you need to pay for it again? Sadly, many of our readers periodically encounter their purchased iOS Apps not appearing on the App Store Purchased section, particularly after an iOS update! If you experience this issue, help is on the way!
- 1 Quick Tips
- 2 About Purchased Apps
- 3 Unhide Your Apps
- 4 Check Your Apple ID!
- 5 Check your purchase history using iTunes
- 6 Other Suggestions to Find App Purchases
- 7 Still Can’t Locate App Purchases?
Follow These Quick Tips to Show Your App Store Purchases
- Unhide all your Apps
- Sign out and back into the iTunes & App Store
- Verify that you are using the correct Apple ID
- Update the email address associated with your Apple ID
- Check your purchase history via iTunes Account Management
- Reset your device’s location and privacy and/or your network’s settings
- How To Find Your Purchased Apps on Your iPad or iPhone
- App Store Not Working or Blank, How To Fix
- Chat With Apple Support Now
About Purchased Apps
All of your purchased/downloaded (even if you deleted them from your device) apps can be found via the App Store app if you want to re-download them.
Your apps should show up in the “Purchased” tab on the App Store (please see this article for more info).
Unfortunately, several of our readers tell us that all previously purchased/installed apps are not appearing in the “Purchased” tab. All of a sudden, their devices show the message “No purchases” on the purchased tab despite the fact that they KNOW 100% that they do indeed have previous app purchases!
This appears to happen after they updated their iOS to the latest version.
Here are some tips to troubleshoot this issue. Please try each step until you resolve your issue
Unhide Your Apps
Make sure that your apps are not hidden. If they are, to unhide them, launch App Store, select the today tab, tap the icon (grey person headshot or a photo you uploaded) in the upper-right corner, select your Apple ID, scroll down and located and Hidden Purchases.
You can locate your hidden apps and unhide them.
- Open the App Store app, then tap Today at the bottom of the screen
- Tap the person icon or your photo in the upper-right hand corner
- Select your Apple ID
- Authenticate your Apple ID with your password if requested
- Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section and tap Hidden Purchases
- Find the app that you want to redownload onto your device, then tap the cloud icon
Check Your Apple ID!
Are you using the same Apple ID in the iTunes and App Store that you used to originally purchase the app?
If you use a different Apple ID, those purchases will not appear in your current Apple ID unless both Apple IDs are in a family sharing plan.
To get your purchases to appear, sign out of the iTunes and App Store and then sign back in with the Apple ID originally used to purchase the missing app(s). Go to Settings > Apple ID Profile > iTunes and App Stores > tap Apple ID > Sign Out
Recently Updated An Apple ID Email Address or Password?
If your updated the email address associated with your Apple ID, things may be lost in the shuffle. Make sure to update your sign-in information with any Apple services (like FaceTime and iCloud) you use and including all your devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, Apple TV, and Windows PC with iTunes installed.)
If possible, you should update your Apple ID email address or password immediately on all devices.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > Apple ID Profile > iTunes & App Store
- When using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store
- Signed out already? Just enter your updated Apple ID and password
- If you’re signed in with your previous Apple ID, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out. Then enter your updated Apple ID and password
- Go to Settings > FaceTime
- If you’re signed out on your iPhone or iPod touch, tap “Use your Apple ID for FaceTime” and enter your updated Apple ID and password. On your iPad, just enter your updated Apple ID and password
- If you’re signed in with your previous Apple ID, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out. On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap “Use your Apple ID for FaceTime” and enter your updated Apple ID and password to sign in. On your iPad, just enter your updated Apple ID and password
Update Find My iPhone
- Open the Find My iPhone app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- If you’re signed out, enter your updated Apple ID and password
- If you’re signed in with your previous Apple ID, tap Sign Out
- Then tap Sign Out again when asked to confirm, and enter your updated Apple ID and password
Check your purchase history using iTunes
- Open iTunes. If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID
- If you use Family Sharing, you only see the purchase history associated with your Apple ID
- To see what other family members bought, sign in with their Apple ID
- At the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account
- If needed, sign in again with your Apple ID, then click View Account
- On the Account Information page, scroll down to Purchase History
- Select See All (it’s to the right of Most Recent Purchase)
- By default, only the last 90 days show up in your purchase history. To change the range, click Last 90 Days at the top of the screen, then select the range that you want to view
- If you don’t see your purchase, it might be hidden
- On your Account Information page, scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section. To the right of Hidden Purchases, click Manage
- Find the item that you want to unhide, then click Unhide under it
Other Suggestions to Find App Purchases
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID, then sign out then sign back in
- Close/quit the App Store app by double clicking your home button or swiping up the Home Gesture Bar. Locate the App Store Preview and swipe it up off the top of your screen to force close/quit the App Store app
- Restart your device, first normally and if that doesn’t work perform a forced restart
- Try resetting your device’s location and privacy. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy
- Reset your network’s settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Still Can’t Locate App Purchases?
If the purchases don’t show up after updating your Apple ID and trying the tips above, contact Apple Support for additional assistance. Let them know you are experiencing issues with your Apple ID.
Support calls and chats for Apple ID-related problems are almost always free of charge!