Under some circumstances, your iPhone may not connect to a cellular network. If you are unable to access cellular data, follow these instructions to troubleshoot. Please check after each step if your issue is fixed:
- Turn off and on cellular data by tapping Settings > General > Cellular.
- Turn off and on your phone by holding and pressing on/off button until the red slider appears and slide the slider. To turn back on, press and hold on/off button until you see the Apple logo.
- There may be a carrier update available. Check to see if there is. Please see this article for more info.
- Update your iPhone’s software: Tap Settings > General > Software Update. See this article for more info.
- Remove your SIM card and place back in again.
- Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: this will erase your Wi-Fi information stored on your iPhone.
- Contact your service provider (e.g. Spring, Verizon, AT&T etc.) to see if there are any issues with your service provider.