Automatic Downloads is a great feature that lets you automatically download purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store to your other computers and devices. If automatic downloads are not working properly, please try the following troubleshooting tips to resolve your problem:
- Make sure that you have iTunes 10.4 or iOS 4.3.3 or later. (related: How to update your iOS version)
- Ensure that your computer is authorized for your Apple ID (Store menu, choose Authorize This Computer).
- Make sure that the devices you want to use Automatic Downloads are signed in using the same Apple ID.
- Ensure that you have Automatic Downloads enabled on your computer, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Ensure that your devices have active internet connections.
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.