- 0.1 Several users have reported that the App Store has not been showing updates properly, meaning that, although a badge indicates that there are updates available, the App Store says “Apps Are Up to Date”How to fix:
- 1 App Store Updates Not Updating
Several users have reported that the App Store has not been showing updates properly, meaning that, although a badge indicates that there are updates available, the App Store says “Apps Are Up to Date”
How to fix:
You need to completely close the App Store app. To do that, double press your home button, tap and hold on the App Store icon, and then, when it starts to jiggle, tap the minus sign. Now hit the Home button again and open your App Store by tapping on the App Store icon.
App Store Updates Not Updating
This is a different type of issue that shows up when you press ‘Update All’ on the app store. When you tap on Update all, the app store should automatically update all your apps that require a new update. However many users find that either the automatic updates never go through or they are very slow to update.
If you are having this issue after a recent iOS update, here are a few tips that you can try to resolve this issue. Try each os these steps below and check if the issue gets resolved.
Here’s How To Fix App Store Not Updating
- The first step that has often proved useful in most iPhone issues is the hard reset of your device. This is especially true after your device has been updated to the latest iOS. Perform a Hard Reset on your iPhone. You will not loose any data.
- The next step if your apps are still stuck in the update mode is to try changing your DNS servers on your device. Update the DNS on your iPhone to 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 and choosing manual configuration
- Signing out of the App Store and signing back in sometimes also resolves this issue
- If it is related to Wi-Fi, you can try and toggle the Wi-Fi in Settings ON/OFF a couple times and then try and see if your apps start to update at a higher speed. Along the lines of a slow Wi-Fi connection, Resetting the Network connections on your iPhone can also be useful in this case.
- App Store not working: Blank Screen
- How to turn on & turn off Genius for Apps on the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Cannot connect to iTunes store / App Store
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.