Several users have reported that they could not update their applications and; app update/download was frozen. If you are experiencing issues with app downloads and updates, here are some troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure that your device has an active internet connection.
- Restart your device by holding the on/off button until “slide to power off” appears. Slide to power off your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Then press the on/off button to turn it back on.
- Try removing the frozen app by touching and holding any application icon on your Home Screen until the app icons start to wiggle. Then tap the “x” in the corner of the application you want to delete. If you do not see the “x”; check your restrictions and make sure that you turn off ” Deleting apps” by tapping Settings > General > Restrictions. After removing the app, go to App Store and try to find the same app and re-download.
- Try to pause the app that is stuck by tapping on the app icon. The re-tap to resume.
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out; and then sign back in.
- Tap Settings > General > Date and Time > Set Automatically > Off. Set the date one year ahead. Try to update the apps again. If you are still unable to update or download, go back to the settings and correct the date and time (Set Automatically) and now try to update the apps again.
- Reset your iOS device – iPad, iPhone or iPod touch – by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears.