Several users have reported problems with sounds. Reported issues ranged from no volume controls to no/muffled/metallic/low system and speaker sounds. If you are having sound problems, please try the following tips:
- Check the volume setting on your iPhone (Settings > Sounds)
- Ensure that the Ring/Silent switch is not switched to silent.
- Press the volume up button on the side of the phone, If you see “headphones” and no headphones are attached, try attaching headphones and then disconnect the headphone and press the volume button again (related: iPhone stuck in headphones mode, fix)
- Tap Settings > Sounds > Next to “Vibrate on Ring”, turn off, then on again. Tap Settings > Sounds and turn “Vibrate on Silent” off and on again. Tap Settings > Sounds and toggle “Change with Buttons” off and on again.
- Restart your iPhone
- Reset your iPhone by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together, until the Apple logo appears.
- Reset all settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings)
If following above tips does now solve your issue please try:
- Start iTunes (Do not connect your iPhone, yet) and go to Edit > Preferences > Devices and turn on the checkbox “Prevent iPhones, iPods and iPads from syncing automatically” and click OK. Now plug your phone into the computer.