One of the t features of the iOS devices is the ability for the screen to rotate as you turn the device. Your device will show the screen in landscape mode when you hold it in landscape orientation (horizantally), and rotate to portrait (vertically) as you turn the device. If you iPhone, iPad or iPod touch screen does not rotate as expected, and may appear to be stuck, it can be frustrating. Here is how you can resolve this issue if your device display stop rotating:
- Make sure that screen rotation lock is off. If you see lock symbol in the iPad’s status bar, then your device is set to lock rotation. To unlock this, double click your home button, swipe from left to right along the bottom of the screen and tap the Screen Rotation Lock button.
- If you are still having this problem, simply restart your device by by holding the On/Off button until “slide to power off” appears. Turn off your device. Then, press the On/Off button to turn it back on.
Notes: Some apps may use only portrait or landscape mode because not all apps are designed to rotate and only support one mode.
- Black or Blank Screen on iPad or iPhone
- Slide to unlock not working on iPad / iPhone
- iPad troubleshooting, How to fix your iPad problems
Obsessed with tech since the early arrival of A/UX on Apple, Sudz (SK) is responsible for the editorial direction of AppleToolBox. He is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
Sudz specializes in covering all things macOS, having reviewed dozens of OS X and macOS developments over the years.
In a former life, Sudz worked helping Fortune 100 companies with their technology and business transformation aspirations.