In certain situations, iPhone may display No Service or Searching… messages. If you are having this issue on your iPhone, try these steps to attempt to resolve the issue, please test after each step:
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the on/off button until the red “slide to power off” slider appears and slide the slider. To turn back on, press and hold the on/off button until the Apple logo appears.
- Remove your SIM card and reinsert (related: iPhone 4 “No SIM Card Installed” Error).
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS (related: How to update your iOS version: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
- Toggle Airplane mode On and Off.
- Tap Settings > General > About to check for carrier settings update. If there is an update, you will see a prompt.
- contact your carrier (e.g., Verizon) to check for any issues
- iOS 6: iPhone sound problems, fix
- How to use your iPhone number with FaceTime and iMessage on iOS devices (iPad, iPod) with iOS 6 and on Macs with OS X