Several users have reported an issue in which the setting to turn on/off Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch appears grayed out and this makes it impossible for users to turn Wi-Fi on.
How to fix Wi-Fi issue:
- Make sure that Airplane mode is off (Settings > Airplane Mode)
- Reset the network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings)
- Make sure that your device is using the latest iOS software (Settings > General > Software Update)
- Turn off Cellular Data (Settings > General > Cellular), reboot the phone. try to turn on Wi-Fi.
If you are still having this Wi-Fi problem, you may try the following tips. Note that these tips may look strange, but, these tips have worked for some users. So you may want to try these:
- Put your iOS device in a ziplock bag with the air squeezed out, then place it in a freezer for about 15 minutes. If this does not work, try the opposite, heat it with a hair dryer for a couple of minutes.
Note that If your iOS device is still under Apple’s warranty , you may just want to take it to an Apple store: http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/us/en/techsupport/