- 1 Q: I rented a movie on my iOS (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch) device, how can I watch it on my computer, Apple TV or any other device?
- 2 How to Rent Movies from iTunes Using a Mac or Windows PC?
- 3 Rent a Movie from iTunes on Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod!
- 4 Can watch a rented movie from iTunes without an internet connection?
- 5 Related Posts:
Q: I rented a movie on my iOS (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch) device, how can I watch it on my computer, Apple TV or any other device?
A: You may play your rental on more than one device if you download your rental movie on your computer– either watch it on your computer or sync it to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. You can move the film between different devices like Apple TV, iPhone, iPad or iPod.
However, if you download a rental movie on your iPhone, iPad, iPod or Apple TV, you can not move it to another device, such as your PC, Mac or other iOS devices. But, you can still watch a rented movie on your TV via Apple TV and AirPlay.
How to Rent Movies from iTunes Using a Mac or Windows PC?
Open iTunes on your computer and navigate to Movies on the iTunes store. Search for a movie you want to rent and click on it.
If that movie is available to rent, the rent option appears just beneath the opportunity to buy. Click on the price and enter your Apple ID password. Once the movie is on your computer, find it in the tab for Rented Movies and click on it to watch.
When you rent a movie from iTunes on your computer, either watch it on your computer or sync it to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Then use iTunes to sync your iTunes movie rental to your iDevice(s) and computer. Be mindful that you can only have the rental on any one device at a time.
Rent a Movie from iTunes on Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod!
If you rent a movie from iTunes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, Apple allows you to watch it on that iDevice or via AirPlay it to your Apple TV.
- Open the iTunes Store app
- Locate the Movies section
- Search for the movie you want to watch and select it
- For renting, tap the price to Rent
- Enter your Apple ID password
- Accept the Terms & Conditions, if applicable
Can watch a rented movie from iTunes without an internet connection?
But you need to download the movie to your iDevices before watching it. At that point, you have 30 days to start watching that movie, once you rent it.
And be mindful, that once you start watching the movie, you have just 24 hours (US) or 48 hours (Rest of World) to finish it. You can watch the film as often as you like until it expires 24-48 hours later.