Q: I bought a new iPhone. I wanted to use Siri but it doesn’t seem to have Siri. When I go to Settings there is no Siri options and when I hold down the home button to access Siri, it doesn’t bring up Siri. What gives??
A: Siri is the Apple’s intelligent personal assistant. If your iOS device does not have Siri, please check the followings:
- Siri is not available in all iOS devices. For instance there is no Siri on iPhone 4. Siri is available on:
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 3rd generation & later
- iPad mini
- iPod touch (5th generation & later)
- Make sure that Siri is not deactivated in Restrictions. Check Settings > General > Restrictions
- Make sure Siri is set to On. And if not, tap Settings > Siri (turn ON if an option) and toggle ON these Settings:
- Listen for Hey Siri
- Press Home for Siri
- If you want Siri to make suggestions, toggle on Suggestions in Search and Suggestions in Look Up
- Once you enable Siri, you need to do the folliowing:
- Select Set Up Now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up “Hey Siri”
- Tap Done when completed