While restoring your iOS device (iPad, iPhone or iPod touch) from iCloud, you may see the alert “No backups available.”. Here is how you can fix this issue:
- Make sure that you have backups.
- It is possible that you are attempting to restore a backup from a newer version of iOS (e.g., iOS 6) to a device using an older version of iOS (e.g., iOS 5). If this is the case, please update your iOS device to the latest version of iOS. What you can do is that fist set up your device as a new iPhone/iPad and then update the iOS. After the software update, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.” and this time restore your device from iCloud.
- If you have multiple Apple ID/iCloud accounts, it is also possible that you may be using the wrong account in iCloud. What you can do is to go back a few steps back in the setup assitant and enter the correct Apple ID.
- iCloud is greyed out in settings, how to fix
- iCloud backup message won’t go away
- iTunes vs iCloud, How to choose?