After updating to a new version of iOS, some readers report their AirPlay icon missing or not found. If the AirPlay icon does not appear on your device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac), or if the icon suddenly disappears, follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- AirPlay not working? How to Fix Your AirPlay Problems
- AirPlay Mirroring not working, fix AirPlay Mirroring problems
- Apple TV: Missing AirPlay icon, fix
- Airplay Issues with MacBook, How-To Fix
- How to put your Apple TV into DFU mode
Can’t Find AirPlay on iOS 11?
If you’re using iOS 11, finding AirPlay is not as easy as other iOS versions. In iOS 11, AirPlay is located on your Music Controller.
Find AirPlay Settings on iOS 11
- Open Control Center
- Find the Music controls and 3D touch or long press it
- Tap on the AirPlay icon in the upper right corner
- Select your AirPlay device, Apple TV, 4 or tap on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to disable AirPlay
Steps to Fix AirPlay icon missing
- Make sure that AirPlay is turned on your Apple TV. To do so, you can enable (and disable) this feature by going to Settings > AirPlay on your Apple TV
- Make sure that both devices (e.g. Apple TV and iPad/iDevice) are connected to the same WiFi network
- To be able to use AirPlay, you need compatible devices. If your device is not supported, then you will not see the AirPlay icon. They are:
- iOS: iPhone 4 (or later), iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch (4th generation or later)
- macOS (any version) OR OSX: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer), Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
- Ensure that your Apple TV has the latest software installed. You may need to update your device. To update your Apple TV, navigate Settings > General > Update Software
- Ensure that your iOS device is up to date. You may need to update your iOS device. To update your device, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Restart your Apple TV. To do so, go to Settings > General > Restart
- Restart your Wi-Fi router
- Restart your iOS device or Mac