Several users have reported that they are having issues connecting FaceTime video calls. Specifically FaceTime users details that FaceTime crashes to a blue screen, which is followed by a reboot (restart) after updating to iOS 8.
- Update your device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) to the latest iOS version (Settings > General > Software Update).
- Restart your device.
- Tap Settings > FaceTime and turn FaceTime off and on again.
- Reset network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings (Note that this will delete saved network passwords).
If the suggestions above do not solve your problem, you may want to restore your device. Here is how:
- First back up your device (iTunes or iCloud)
- iCloud: Settings > iCloud > Backup > Back up Now
- iTunes: Connect your iPad/iPhone to your computer. In iTunes, select File > Devices > Back up.
- Now erase your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. When it is done, set up your device and restore from your backup.