Ever wonder how to download apps without credit card info? Apple provides an all-in-one account for all devices, emails, iCloud, to purchase songs, movies and TV Shows from iTunes Store and to download and purchase all types of applications of App Store on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or even on your Mac. Getting an Apple ID is not a pesky task but creating an Apple ID without a credit card or any defined payment method is little tricky.
The method to create an Apple ID on iTunes on your PC and iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad works with the same trick; all you have to do is download a free app on your device before creating an account, and it creates an Apple ID without Debit or Credit card.
However, if you’re the organizer for a Family Sharing group, Apple always requires a payment method, either a credit card or debit card.
Here’s how you can create an Apple ID for free.
- 1 9 Steps to Create Free Apple ID Without a Credit Card via iTunes
- 2 Create an Apple ID Without a Credit Card on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- 3 Not Seeing None as a Payment Method?
- 4 Already have an Apple ID? No Problem!
- Manage your Apple ID Using Apple ID Profile on iPhones, iPads
- How to Delete An Apple ID
- Fix Disabled Apple ID
- Q&A: Your Apple ID Has Been Disabled, How to Restore It
9 Steps to Create Free Apple ID Without a Credit Card via iTunes
If you’re setting up an Apple ID for the first time and you don’t want to set up any payment options, you must follow these steps to create it using iTunes or an iDevice. If using the Apple ID website, None is NOT payment option.
1: Open iTunes on your computer and go to the iTunes Store. Ensure you’re in your resident country’s iTunes Store by confirming the flag in the lower-right corner of the window. If it’s not the flag of the country where you reside, click that flag and update it to your current country.
Next, click on the upper-left corner (it might look like three dots in the left corner) and select Movies, TV Shows (or Apps and iBooks if supported in your iTunes version)
2: The Store opens on your computer. Download something free, like a song. When you find a free item, click the Get button. When the Store asks you to sign in with an Apple ID, click Create Apple ID
3: A new window pops up, click on Create New Apple ID. Follow the on-screen instructions to get your free Apple ID
4: Click on Continue
5: On the next screen, you review the user agreement, check the box at the bottom of the page and click on AGREE
6: As soon as you hit the AGREE button, it shows you a form to create an Apple ID
Here you have to add all of your details. Write down your Email and the password that you want to use with the Apple ID. Make sure that the password is strong enough; use Capital words, Numeric and special characters to make a perfect ID.
We highly advise you to write down the Email and Password on a piece of a paper and save it somewhere handy. If you forget this Email and reset your iPhone, it gets stuck on the iCloud screen, and there is no way to bypass that.
You also have to set up three security questions to provide an extra layer of protection on your Apple ID. At the end of the Page, enter your birthday and click on Continue.
7: On the next page,Apple asks you to select the Payment Method and Billing Address.Choose None as the payment type
Click on None in Payment method and write down your address and click on Create Apple ID.
8: That’s it! You have created an Apple ID without a credit card, all you have to do is to verify this account
To do that, go to your Email and follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your Email.
9: Once Apple verifies your Email, you can use this Apple ID on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Use it as your iCloud account too!
This method works perfectly on all devices from Windows PC, Mac to iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. If you are using it on iDevices, Go to App Store and open an App on App Store on your iPhone. Now, tap on gets to install ID on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
Create an Apple ID Without a Credit Card on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Open the App Store app, iTunes Store app, or iBooks app
- Choose any free app, song, video, or book
- Tap +GET next to the item and tap again
- When asked to sign in with an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID
- Follow the instructions
- When asked for payment information, choose None
- After you set-up a new Apple ID, you must verify it via email. Verification is required before you can use it
Not Seeing None as a Payment Method?
There’s a variety of reasons why None does not appear as an option, ranging from subscriptions to outstanding debts and payments due to Apple and its iTunes and App Stores. If you’re unable to get None as an option, check out our detailed article on why and steps you take to get this option.
Already have an Apple ID? No Problem!
All you need to do is remove the payment method for your existing Apple ID after you have signed into the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. At that point, you are only asked for a payment method when you try to make a purchase.
Remove your Apple ID payment information on iPhone and iPad
- Tap Settings > Apple ID Profile > Payment & Shipping. If asked, enter your Apple ID password
- If using Family Sharing, only the family organizer can update payment information
- To change payment method on iPhone or another iDevice
- Select your current payment method and remove your information. For iOS 10.2 and earlier, to remove your payment method select None
- Tap Save or Done
Remove your Apple ID payment information on Mac or PC
- Open iTunes
- Choose Account > View My Account
- Enter Apple ID password
- Select View Account
- To remove payment method from iTunes
- Click Payment Type > Edit
- Only the family organizer can edit payment information
- Select None to remove the payment method
- Tap Done