Now that Sonos is offering Apple Music services starting today (9 AM EST), we wanted to provide you with some of the basics. It is really easy to add in a new music service on your Sonos App. On your iphone, Once you open the Sonos music Menu, you can tap on “Add Music Services”. Tap on the service and then Select “Add Account” to configure your account. You can also sign up for Apple music from the Sonos website. Please check the Sonos site around integration aspects related to Apple Music.
If you are setting up the Sonos App on your Mac, you may encounter the message that computer could not be found or is not responding. This is usually related to the firewall settings on your Mac. This is a common problem that is faced with Mac users when they are trying to set up the Sonos on their Macs.
Please Check the steps below to see if your Mac OS X firewall is configured to work with Sonos.:
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- If your computer is password protected, you will need to click on the lock at the bottom of the Security & Privacy window and enter the password for the Mac user’s account to unlock access to these settings.
- Click on the Firewall tab, and click Turn on Firewall if it’s not already turned on.
- Click on Firewall Options.
- Confirm that Stealth mode is not enabled.
- Click on the plus “+” sign and select Sonos from the Applications Folder. Press the Add button to add it.
- Make sure that Sonos is set to Allow incoming connections
The steps above should resolve the problem that you may experience while trying to connect to Sonos via your Mac firewall. Please note that your Mac should be running OS X 10.7 OR greater.
Please let us know your thoughts around the Sonos/Apple Music Experience in the comments below.