Over the weekend, we received a few emails from users saying that their notifications were not working on their iPhones after upgrading to iOS 9.3.3.
Although we haven’t seen any updates from Apple relating to this issue, the problem seems to be happening across various apps. People have had issues with both Facebook and WhatsApp notifications.
If your notifications are not working on your iPhone, you can try the following tip:
- First check the obvious. Make sure that your Notification settings are enabled for the app by tapping on Settings > Notifications and your Do not Disturb settings is not enabled, check your mute and volume settings as well.
- Sometimes, the sound files associated with the notifications may be corrupted for the app. Go to the Sound section in notifications and toggle the sound to other formats. Also on Settings >Notifications toggle the setting “Group By App” a few times and test if your notifications are working.
- The next thing to do is to delete your WhatsApp app from your iPhone. Tap on Settings > General >Storage and iCloud Usage > Manage Storage. On this screen, Tap on WhatsApp and choose “Delete App” on the next screen.
- Once you have deleted the App from your iPhone, Reset your iPhone by pressing the home button and the wake/sleep button for 15 seconds or so till you see the Apple Logo appear on the screen.
- Once your iPhone has restarted, Tap on App store and reinstall your messaging app.
- Confirm your notification settings for the app in Settings >Notifications
This should hopefully fix your notifications problems related to WhatsApp and Facebook message notifications. This also seems to work with the Instagram app problems.
Please let us know if you have any issues or if you were able to find another way to take care of this annoying issue on iOS 9.3.3. Good luck!