Visual Voicemail has been available on our iPhones for quite some time now. Apple was the first company to provide the visual voicemail feature way back in 2007. Visual Voicemail offers you the ability to see a list of your voicemail messages and choose which ones to listen to or delete. It can be pretty annoying to find that your visual voicemail is not working after an iOS 11 update.
- How To Use Voicemail Transcripts
- Visual Voicemail Not Working on Older iOS
- Can a Blocked Number Leave Voicemail?
White Screen Says Call Voicemail?
These fixes should work on your iPhone if you are not able to access the feature and just see a white screen that shows “Call Voicemail.”
First and foremost, the Visual Voicemail feature has some carrier constraints. If you recently switched your cellular plan, you may want to check out if your new carrier supports this feature in your country of residence. Apple provides a comprehensive list of carriers by region. Please check and confirm.
The first and foremost thing to do is to check for pending carrier updates on your device.
Tap on Settings > General > About and check next to Carrier. Are you on the latest version or are you required to update? If there is an update pending, please apply the latest carrier update on your device.
iOS 11 Visual Voicemail Not Working After Update, How-To Fix
Please try out each of the steps below till the issue is fixed on your device
- Reset Network Settings. Before attempting to reset your network settings, please make sure that you remember to write down your Wi-fi name, password, etc. since you will be required to re-enter them after the reset. Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Toggle Cellular Service. Tap on Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data. Switch it to off. Wait for a few minutes. Re-enable your cellular data and check if your visual voicemail is working again
- Airplane Mode. Turn on Airplane mode by tapping on Settings and choosing Airplane mode. Wait a minute or two and then turn it off on your iPhone. Check and see if you can re-access your visual voicemail.
- If you are using the iPhone X, quit the phone app and put your device into Airplane mode. Next tap on Settings >Siri & Search > Turn off the Press Side button for Siri and restart the device. Once the Visual voicemail starts working, you can turn on the Siri for side button.
- Try Changing the Visual Voicemail password and see if helps with the issue.
We are hoping that one of the above steps fixed your issue. If you couldn’t resolve the issue, reach out to your cellular carrier and seek additional support.