Several users have noticed that their iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max displays are darker than usual. The displays show low brightness even when auto-brightness feature is enabled on the device.
The change in iPhone display brightness is prominently visible to folks who switched from the older iPhone models.
Out of the box, the new iPhones are set to a low display setting. It requires some use before it can adjust to user preferences.
All the three new iPhone models, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR have the same display brightness specifications.
If you are experiencing this issue with your iPhone’s auto-dimming feature, you are not alone. This issue is not a hardware issue by any means, so you can relax a bit!
The auto-brightness/auto-dimming feature is controlled by the iOS software, which has the capability to learn user preferences. You can easily fix this issue by following the steps below to help the iOS to tune to your preferences.
- How to Adjust Your iPhone Display Preferences
- Dark Mode and Invert Colors Options for iPhone, Here’s How you can set it up
- Why is my iPhone Screen Darker
How To Fix Auto-Brightness Issue on iPhone XS/XS Max /XR
- Start by taking your iPhone XS/Max into a dark room or dimly lit area
- Turn on the display of your iPhone screen and wait for a few seconds till it adjusts and shows you the darker display
- Now, Tap on Settings > General > Accessibility >Display Accommodations
- Make sure that Display Accommodations is ON with Auto-Brightness enabled
- Next, Tap on Settings > Display and Brightness
- Adjust the Brightness slider to the setting of your preference
- Essentially, you are suggesting to the iOS software that in a dim or darker setting, your iPhone will use the level of brightness that you have chosen in step 6
- Switch off your device and Switch it back on.
- You should now see a brighter display based on the calibration that you made on step 6
- Next, Take your iPhone XS/iPhone XS Max to a brighter place and follow steps 3 to 6 above for setting up your display preferences in a bright environment
The steps above should take care of the dimming or dark display on your new iPhone. iOS does this to preserve battery. It’s always a good idea to keep your iPhone XS tuned to Auto-brightness in order to save battery power.
Apple’s iOS has an uncanny ability to learn user preferences as you use your iPhone. With most settings that you change to adjust to your preferences, it auto adjusts the device to show you your preferred preferences.