While we all love reliving memories and reminiscing with our photos, it doesn’t necessarily mean we like those reminders letting us know “You have a new memory”. They tend to pop up at the wrong time and can be very distracting.
Luckily, you can easily disable notifications for Memories on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, and here’s how.
Disable Alerts for Memories on iPhone or iPad
To turn off this feature on iOS, pop open your Settings and then follow these simple steps.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll down to and select Photos.
- Tap Memories.
- Move the slider to turn off Allow Notifications (from green to white).
For more with Photos:
- How To Find NearBy Photos in iOS 12
- How To Disable iCloud Photo Link When Sending Photos on your iPhone
- How Do You Share Photos in Messages and iMessage iOS 12?
- How to View iCloud Photos on iPhone
- How to Fix Inaccurate Geotags on Your iPhone Photos
Disable Alerts for Memories on Mac
While this notification may not be as distracting on your Mac, you may still want to turn it off. And, you disable this feature right within the Photos app. So, open it up and then follow these steps.
- Click Photos from the menu bar.
- Select Preferences.
- Click the General tab if it’s not selected already.
- Uncheck the box for Show Memories Notification in the Memories section.
Your Memories On Your Time
For those who prefer to browse through their Memories in the Photos app on their own time, without a reminder, it’s nice that you can disable the feature. And, if you decide down the road to enable the Memories notification again, you can see how easy it is to turn off and on.
What do you think about this feature? Is it something that you like or are you happy to know how to disable it now? Let us know in the comments below!